The previously announced criteria for the fund are that those applying:
- are from the not-for-profit sector;
- provide advice in at least one of the following areas: debt, welfare benefits, housing and employment;
- are able to evidence funding cuts of at least ten per cent for the eligible advice service areas from central and local government sources in 2011/12.
- priority will be given to organisations with high levels of cuts and those that have not received grants from the Transition Fund;
- account will also be taken of how applicants plan to use their grants, their plans for the future (including ways to improve efficiency) and how the quality of their advice services help meet local needs.